It is easy to rent a car with Skv-Rent. In order to do that, you only need to perform a number of simple steps and meet several requirements set out below.
How to rent a car: plan of action
- Contact us in any way convenient for you or visit one of our offices.
- Select an available car and submit an application.
- Make an advance payment, sign a contract.
- Get a car and start using it!
Basic rental conditions:
- Minimum driving experience of 1 year (Economy, Standard), minimum driving experience of 2 years (Premium).
- Border crossing not allowed.
- A valid passport and international driver's license.
- Minimum rental period of 2 hours.
- Mileage limit of 300 km per day (additional fee is charged for extra mileage).
What documents are required?
A valid civil passport and international driver's license (with a certified translation for foreign citizens).
Do I need to pay a deposit? If so, how much?
You need to pay a security deposit of 250 rubles for Standard cars and 500 rubles for Premium cars.
How do I pay for a car rental, and how much does it cost?
Both cash payments and bank transfers are accepted. You can familiarize yourself with the current tariffs in the description of each car posted in the catalogue at our website. Payments are made in advance, for the entire estimated period of rental.
What else do I need to pay for?
Car rental fees do not include: fuel cost, parking fees, fines, car wash cost.
Do I need rental car insurance?
All our cars are covered by CASCO insurance. Insurance is included in the rental fee. If you've been involved in a road traffic accident, you need to submit a protocol executed by a traffic police officer, otherwise you shall bear full financial responsibility for the damage caused to the car.
Where and how can I collect the car I rented?
You can collect your car at one of our offices:
- Minsk, Prospekt Pobediteley 31, 3rd floor, office 324;
- Brest, ul. Moskovskaya 208, 6th floor, office 601.
You can also have the car delivered to you within the limits of the city for USD 10*.
Our cars are available in a perfectly clean state:
- at no extra cost – during business hours: Monday to Sunday from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm;
- during off hours – for an extra fee of USD 10*.
Is there a mileage limitation?
Daily mileage limit is 300 km. Additional fee of USD 10* is charged for every next 300 km. Let's consider two examples below for the sake of clarity and explanation.
Example 1: A client rents a car for a day and drives 350 km. He has to pay an extra fee of USD 10* and he could still drive up to 600 km with no additional cost.
Example 2: A client rents a car for three days. The rental fee includes a mileage of 3*300 km = 900 km, but he drives 1,220 km. In this case, he has to pay an additional fee of USD 20*. And he could still drive up to 1,500 km with no additional cost.
Where can I drive a rented car?
You can drive your rented car only within the territory of the Republic of Belarus.
Are there any limitations on transportation or car use?
You need to adhere to the rules of operation (issued by the manufacturer) when using a rented car. You can not use your rented car to transport dangerous goods and goods, carry passengers for hire or teach other people to drive.
Am I allowed to transfer a rented car to others?
The rental agreement prohibits the transfer of your rental car to any third parties. Failure to comply with this requirement entails a fine of 500 rubles.
What shall I do if my rental car breaks down or I get into a traffic accident?
First, call our manager at +37529-9911311, +37533-3408244 and report the situation in detail. Also, in the event of an accident, you need to call the traffic police and wait for their arrival without leaving the scene. The same requirement applies to acts of vandalism, theft or attempted theft. Please be reminded that your rental car is CASCO insured, therefore, all of the above cases are covered by the insurance.
How do I return a car?
The car shall be returned to one of our offices (or elsewhere for an additional fee of USD 10*). The car shall be returned in a clean condition (otherwise you will need to pay an additional fee of USD 10*) with a fuel supply not less than at the beginning of the rental period (otherwise you will need to pay the difference). The car shall be returned in the same working condition on the approved day and hour. The car shall be returned with all accessories and a complete set of documents.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to rent a car to persons who are being prosecuted in connection with a traffic accident, as well as those who have previously been deprived of the right to drive a car due to alcohol or drug abuse.
The manager may contact you and inquire about the current location of your rental car during the rental period.
Recommendations (memo) to clients:
- Be sure to thoroughly check the car, including its technical condition (any nuances and breakdowns are reflected in the Vehicle Acceptance Certificate.
- Ask all your questions related to the operation and use of your rental car.
- Do not forget to refuel the car, timely monitor the level of technical fluids (engine oil, brake fluid and coolant).
- When parking, be sure to switch on the anti-theft alarm.
- Keep a sharp lookout for the car keys and documents (you will be charged an additional fee for their loss).
*USD – at the exchange rate set by the National Bank of the Republic of Belarus on the day of payment.